Monday, August 5, 2013

Day 22... Rapid City

There is one thing I forgot to mention about yesterday's ride.  The picture at the top of this blog of the mountains with the winding road is part of the Beartooth Highway we rode yesterday.  Not the hard part, but part of it nonetheless.
 
We left the motel this morning and rode 443 miles to Rapid City South Dakota. The ride today was mostly highway, but we passed some places I wish we had time to stop at, like the Little Big Horn.  The weather was just spectacular, and there were lots of amazing views just like everyday, but at 75 mph its hard to take pictures.  We traveled thru Sturgis on I-90 to get to Rapid City where we checked into the Foothills Inn for 5 days.  We haven't gotten into the town of Sturgis yet, and I've seen more motorcycles in one place than I could imagine.  We haven't decided exactly what we are doing tomorrow but I think we're going into town.
 
We have traveled over 6000 miles so far, and I have a pretty comfortable bike. So does Jerry and James. Joe on the other hand has done this whole trip on a 1998 Fatboy, with a relatively hard seat compared to ours, and no backrest except his luggage bag.  I'd like to give my compliments to Joe, not just for doing this ride on that bike, but he has not complained once about his butt, back or lack of comfort.  Kuddos to you Joe!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Five days there will be just about enough to see everything thats out there. Make sure you go through Custer State Park to see all the Wild Bison. I rode my bike through a herd of them while they were grazing on the mountain. Not a smart thing to do, I know.
    Woul appreciate a New 2013 Sturgis T-Shirt,XXL. Get it in Sturgis, Not at Harley, a lot cheaper. No skulls or cross bones please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the rally ramblin man.
    Love, Liz.

    ReplyDelete