Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Day 23... Sturgis

Sturgis, Everything you've seen on TV and more. I felt like I was thrown in the middle of that video you watch on The History Channel about Sturgis. But what surprise me most was the age of the most of the people here.  I expected a young crowd, but I would say a great majority of them were 40 and over, and quite a few 60's and 70's.   It actually made me feel more at ease because as crowded as it was (and I hate crowds) everyone we met was very pleasant, friendly, courteous and nice.  But of course, we were there during the day when no one was drunk.  What I am also surprised about is the number of foreigners that come to this country for the Rally. In our hotel alone, I met two guys from France and Ireland. Both named Michael. Or as they say in France, Michele.  There are also folks from some other country that I haven't determined. But its not France because Michele couldn't understand them either.  

Wednesday we are riding to Devils Tower and Hulett WY. 

4 comments:

  1. Yes, that painted lady looks to be in her seventies at least...LOL
    Glad the butts come with instructions.
    Enjoy yourself with the seniors.
    Love
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betcha your eyes are hurting looking at all the young and old ladies! Again Mike..thanks for taking the time to update the trip! Glad you all found rooms!

    Patty

    Ps I am not a robot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mike
    Looks like it is a blast ! Enjoy the down time and recover for the ride home !
    Thanks for the text and remembering my request !!
    Talk later
    Jim 136

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! They sure are pictures to remember...... Stay safe!
    McGrath's

    ReplyDelete