Friday, July 26, 2013

Day 12. The land of fruits and nuts

We headed into San Francisco from the hotel this morning. What started as a wonderful ride into the city soon became crap for me. Somewhere along Route 580 before the San Mateo Bridge, I lost my cell phone when a strong gust of wind lifted my jacket which dislodged my phone.  James said he saw it fall and break into pieces. But there was nothing we could do about it so we continued on, directly to the intersection of Haight and Ashbury. After I located a Verizon store with the help of Jerry, I went off to the store which was about 5 miles away while everyone else went to explore the Haight Ashbury section of town and had lunch.  It took me a couple hours to get to the store get a new phone and get back to where they were.
The center of the 60s hippy culture is alive and well. While we saw plenty of strange people, the one that really took the cake was a guy that was walking down the street completely buck naked, except for something blue wrapped around his pecker.
After we left the city, we rode across the Golden Gate Bridge, but by then it was overcast and the top half of the bridge was in a fog so I wasn't able to get any good pictures of it today. Hopefully tomorrow.  We headed north on Route 101 and James found a harbor of house boats that he saw the last time he was here. The houseboats were truly houses built on a barges.  The one big green house is 4200 square feet.
Because of the loss of my phone I don't have as many pictures to post today.
We settled into Mill Valley Travel Lodge for the next two nights. 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your phone Mike but fortunately it was crushed so nobody can get your data.
    By the looks of Jerry's stomach,looks like he hasn't missed any meals...lol
    Pictures of the house boats are nice but I like the mountains, bars, gas stations, roads,etc..
    Keep up the good work and hang onto your new phone.
    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the phone Mike..lol Hank..james also stated he has been eating too much also..Houseboats are cool! Hope the fog lifts so you can get some pixs the Golden Gate Bridge.

    Patty

    ReplyDelete